Saturday, June 6, 2015

Hello, from Skia.


I suppose it wouldn't be a terrible idea for my first post on this blog to be in an introduction post...

My name is Skia, and I am a college sophomore at a university in Arizona. Don't worry, it isn't ASU. (My apologies to all you ASUers out there, it was just much too big for my taste.) I am currently studying to become a voice actress for anime series and video games, and I have been in love with acting ever since I was a small child, and finally decided to pursue my dream of becoming one rather than my original plan of taking a much safer route of becoming a counselor for troubled teens.

When I first started in college, I was a pre-med major and studying to become a counselor, and that didn't last very long. I changed majors halfway through my first semester over to film/acting, and even decided to add a minor of singing to help me widen my vocals range, and I also just love to sing.

When I first made the big move from my small town in Hawaii, to big ol' Phoenix, things were quite difficult, But, I soon stumbled upon the greatest group of friends that I ever could have asked for. The five of them all had something to contribute to who I am today, most importantly, they all gave me the courage to take the risk to switch to an acting major. Because believe me, it was a difficult thing to do.

Alex, one of two guys in our group of six, was the one who got me addicted to D&D. This is where I explain the image above. These are our D&D characters, and if you couldn't tell, Skia is mine. She is a Godborn (Daughter of Twyla), and she is of the Druid class. She has a familiar Comapanion, whom is a Hellhound/Shadowolf named Renegade (but we all just call him Ren). And, our DM (Alex), decided to make him a love interest for Skia, which actually turned out to be really sweet, as they are childhood friends and are devout to one another.

I love talking to anyone about nerdy things like this, so please feel free to contact me, as I feel that my first blog post shouldn't reveal everything about who I am.

I plan to post anime/game reviews, dailyposts, and random poll questions that I genuinely want answered so I am able to see how diverse my readers are.

Today's Poll Question: The first anime you ever watched?

Queen Geek, Out.
~Skia

No comments:

Post a Comment