Sunday, June 14, 2015

First Anime Post!


I know I said that this blog was going to focus on Anime and all sorts of different games, but I've realized that I haven't posted anything about anime yet! 
So, this post is dedicated to one of my favorite, and quite new anime series:
                              Death Parade

 Death Parade is a 12 episode anime series based off of the short movie "Death Billiards" and the anime series premiered in 2015 for the English subbed version. It was produced by Madhouse, which is one of my personal favorite animation studios and has created many other amazing series such as: Death Note, Highschool of the Dead, Parasyte and many others. 



Whenever two people on Earth die at the same time, they are sent to one of many mysterious bars run by bartenders serving as arbiters. There, they must participate in Death Games with their lives on the line, the results of which reveal what secrets led them to their situation and what their fate will be afterwards, with the arbiters judging if their souls will either be sent for reincarnation or banished into the void. The series follows Decim, the lone bartender of the Quindecim bar, whose role in judging these souls changes when he meets a curious black-haired woman.


Above are the main characters and recurring characters in Death Parade, though there are many minor characters as well, who are only around for a single episode. 

I found myself growing extremely attached to some of the characters, even though the series is only 12 episodes long. Especially, Onna and Decim. Their relationship with one another is very interesting, but I'm not going to reveal spoilers on here haha :3


(       Onna                  Decim             Mayu                   Ginti      )





I must say though, if any anime series would win an award for the most misleading opening theme, Death Parade would definitely take the cake. 
This series is dramatic, psychologically mind-fucking and a real tear-jerker, but if someone watched the opening theme originally knowing nothing about the series, they would be in for a real shock when they watched the first episode. 
But, that still doesn't change how much I freaking love the opening theme, I downloaded it onto my phone and made it my general ringtone the day after I watched the first episode. 


(Oh gods, look at this freaking cutie! *Klavis*)

Not to brag or anything, but I started watching Death Parade the very day that the English subbed version was released with my roommates at school. My roommate Os had heard that the series was highly anticipated, so we decided to give the first episode a shot when it was available. 

We were pleasantly surprised to say the least.
More like, we lost our freaking shit and were upset we had to wait a week to watch the next episode. (In my opinion, that's the only downfall of watching new shows; WAITING). 

We continued to watch Death Parade together every Friday night until the twelfth episode aired and the series (and my life) was over. I just wasn't expecting to love this series so damn much! 




I would recommend this series to anyone, and I literally mean everyone. This series has something that everyone would like, romance, comical relief characters, mystery, hot guys (and gals), and just a bunch of other awesome stuff shoved into only a mere 12 episodes. 
I mean, you could honestly finished Death Parade in a day, or two for you underachievers. So, go on and give it a try! :) 
I promise you'll love it ;) 









Alright, I think I've gone a little overboard with the Gifs xD BUT KLAVIS OHMAHGAWD YOU PRECIOUS BABY!!!

Here's a link to the Death Parade opening: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjjTMNDZi-A

Here's a link to the prequel to Death Parade, "Death Billiards":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5weum9hYo7A

Thanks so much for reading, guys!! It really means a lot to me whenever this pages gets just a few views a day, it lets me know that people may actually be enjoying what I post :) 

Poll Question of the Day: What anime series have you watched weekly when they first came out? Anything you really anticipated for a long time? :) 

Answer of the Day: Tokyo Ghoul, Durarara!! Shingeki no Sohma, DEATH PARADE, Parasyte and others when I was younger aha. 

Queen Geek, Out.
~Skia 



No comments:

Post a Comment